Aquantia SFP+ modules are based on Aquantia AQrate PHYs, which are low-power, high performance, Multi-Gig transceivers that support the following network rates:10GBASET/5GBASE-T/2.5GBASE-T/ 1000BASE-T/100BASE-TX.
- AQS-107 SFP+ modules deliver up to 10GbE network speed with Cat 6a cabling up to 30 meters.
- AQS-108 SFP+ modules deliver up to 5GbE network speed with 100 meters of Cat 5e or better.
- AQS-109 SFP+ modules deliver up to 2.5GbE network speed with 100 meters of Cat 5e or better.
Aquantia SFP+ modules enable new use-cases while using the existing cabling infrastructure. The AQS-107/AQS-108/AQS-109 modules are compatible with both the IEEE 802.3an/bz standard and the NBASE-T Alliance PHY specification. The integrated Aquantia PHY technology performs all the physical layer functions required to implement the supported Multi-Gig protocols.
Aquantia SFP+ modules deliver an active rate-adaptation technology that allows end-users to connect seamlessly using existing SFP+ slots that are 10GbE fiber-optic only—offering a significant cost savings over standard fiber modules.
- Supports links up to 30 meters of 13dB IL for 10G operations using Cat 6a multi-segment cabling
- Supports 5G/2.5G/1G/100M BASE-T operations up to 100 meters using Cat 5e or better cabling
- SFF-8431 and SFF-8432 MSA-compliant
- IEEE 802.3bz compliant and meets the NBASE-T specification
- MDI/MDIX crossover
The Aquantia AQS-107/AQS-108/AQS-109 SFP+ module is well suited for use as a switch-to-switch interconnect. In Enterprise configurations, switches typically ship with 1G ports and 10G fiberoptic up-link slots to connect multiple switches together.