Following its success in pioneering and deploying AQrate, a new class of Ethernet PHY connectivity solution capable of delivering Multi-Gigabit Ethernet over copper cables such as Cat5e typically used for Gigabit, Aquantia has developed AQtion™, an Enterprise-class client controller technology supporting Multi-Gigabit speeds.
Aquantia’s AQtion devices, the AQC107 and AQC108 support 5 and 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet over copper, or 2.5/5GBASE-T, and are compliant with the NBASE-T specification and the new IEEE 802.3bz standard that was formally ratified in September 2016. In addition, both devices also support
backward compatibility with 100MbE and Gigabit Ethernet.The AQC107 has the extra feature of supporting up to 10 Gigabit Ethernet, or 10GBASE-T, on Cat6A copper cables, complying with the IEEE standard 802.3an. The AQtion controller is designed with a PCI Express Gen2/3 x1, x2, x4 for optimal line rate performance connecting to the CPU on the system side.The AQtion software includes drivers for Windows (10, 8.x, and 7), Mac OS X, and Linux. Aquantia also provides UEFI and PXE boot code, as well as ROM programming and Windows Installer utilities. The AQtion devices are packaged in a 12 mm x 14 mm, 0.8 mm pitch flip-chip BGA.
- Integrated PCIe, MAC, and PHY solution enables power- and space-efficient connectivity for client systems
- PCIe Gen3 and Gen2 interface with x1/x2/x4 lane-widths delivering maximum flexibility
- IEEE® 802.3bz and NBASE-T compliant AQrate PHY supporting 10GBASE-T/5GBASE-T/2.5GBASE-T/1000BASE-T/ 100BASE-TX
- MSI, MSI-X, LSO, RSS, and IPv4/IPv6 Checksum offloads for high performance and low CPU utilization
- Energy Efficient Ethernet, Wake On LAN, and power management features
- Jumbo frame support (up to 16Kbytes)
- Extensive software support – Windows, MAC OS X, and Linux drivers; UEFI and PXE remote boot