The Aquantia AQcelerate AQVC107 Automotive Ethernet controller provides the Multi-Gig connectivity for a new class of In-Vehicle Networks (IVN) that supports up to Level 4 and Level 5 autonomous driving. The AQVC107 PCIe Multi-Gig MAC+PHY Ethernet controller implements all the necessary electronic circuitry to communicate among the GPUs/CPUs, switches, sensors and ECUs that are part of the IVN. It is designed to support data rates up to 10Gbps over automotive-grade copper cabling.
The AQVC107 is Automotive qualified based on AEC-Q100 industry Standard Target applications and integrates both the MAC and the PHY in one package to enable designers to connect the GPU/CPU and switch via Automotive cable for communication within the IVN.
By supporting up to 10Gbps the AQVC107 can meet the stringent requirements for level four and five autonomous, including the highest resolution cameras, and the need for redundant and secure networks that run on reliable and low-cost copper cabling. These requirements are driving the industry towards Multi-Gig Ethernet over copper – the perfect fit for Aquantia’s deep networking expertise, knowledge, and experience.
AQVC 107 FEATURES
- Delivers up to 10Gbs Multi-Gig Ethernet transfer rates over Automotive cables.
- Compatible with PCI Express Gen 2/3 over x1, x2, or x4 connections
- Optimal line rate performance with a 4-lane configuration connected directly to the host processor
- MACsec (IEEE 802.1ae, MAC security standard) provides for secure, encrypted data communications across networks
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) lowers overall power consumption
- Small 12x14mm FCBGA packaging for minimal board space requirements
- Synchronous Ethernet (Sync-E), ITU-T standard in cooperation with IEEE