The Aquantia AQcelerate AQVC100 Automotive Ethernet controller provides the Multi-Gig connectivity for a new class of In-Vehicle Networks (IVN) that supports up to Level 4 and Level 5 autonomous driving. The AQVC100 PCIe Multi-Gig controller – MAC only – implements all the necessary electronic circuitry to communicate among the GPUs/CPUs, switches, sensors and ECUs that are part of the IVN. It is designed to support data rates up to 10Gbps over automotive-grade copper cabling.
The AQVC100 is Automotive qualified based on AEC-Q100 industry Standard Target applications. The AQVC100 MAC implementation gives the system designer the flexibility to place the GPU/CPU and switch on the same board for chip-to-chip communication within the IVN.
By supporting up to 10Gbps the AQVC100 can meet the stringent requirements for level four and five autonomous, including the highest resolution cameras, and the need for redundant and secure networks that run on reliable, low-cost copper cabling. These requirements are driving the industry towards Multi-Gig Ethernet over copper – the perfect fit for Aquantia’s deep networking expertise, knowledge, and experience.
- PCIe Gen3 and Gen2 interface with line rates of 8.0 GT/s and 5.0 GT/s per lane
- IPv4/6, IPv6/TCP and IPv6/UDP checksum offload for high performance and low CPU utilization
- Jumbo frame support (up to 16Kbytes)
- Support for lower power modes
- Up to eight traffic classes and Data Center Bridging (DCB)
- Extensive software support – Production test and ROM programming tools, Windows installer
- Improved CPU utilization and network performance -MSI, MSI-X, and legacy INTx PCIe interrupts