Principal Hardware Design Engineer (Digital Design/Verification)
To apply for this job, email firstname.lastname@example.org
In this position, you will be based in San Jose and be a key part of the worldwide digital design validation team at Aquantia spanning across design centers in Toronto, Canada; Bengaluru, India and San Jose. You will architect and implement the chip and system level verification test-bench which can be portable across various simulation, emulation and prototyping platforms. You will be the core member of the Aquantia verification think-tank influencing various aspects of pre- and post- Silicon validation we would like to set up for future products. It is a very exciting time to join Aquantia as we transition to developing multiple products for diverse industries in parallel.
- Expert understanding of digital verification methodologies and tools including object-oriented test-bench, formal verification, high-level modeling, portable APIs and stimulus across simulation and lab, reusability of validation code across HW and SW teams.
- Expertise in coding in UVM, C, C++
- Expertise in creating system level test-plans, coverage plan, constrained random end to end test stimuli to meet use-cases and verification goals
- Expertise in FPGA based pre-silicon validation environments, porting of DV tests and code to FPGA and silicon, jointly working with SW team on bring-up and stress testing.
- Experience in diagnosing issues in FPGA platforms and silicon in the lab and correlate them back to simulation environments
- Experience in coding in scripting languages such as Perl, Python to set up lab-based test environment.
- Experience in using C++ or SystemC architecture models in digital DV environments.
- Experience in Ethernet, 10GBase-T, PHY, MAC and switching protocols.
- Experience in buses such as PCIe, MDIO and other networking buses
Education and Experience
- MS/BS, Electrical or Electronics or Computer engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of hands-on digital verification experience