Senior System Administrator
To apply for this position, email email@example.com
Aquantia develops communication integrated circuits (ICs) for enterprise/data center applications. Data Centers are expanding. Servers are embracing virtualization. Storage is growing exponentially. Ten Gigabit Ethernet enables this converged fabric, which will extend outward from the data center throughout the enterprise.
10GBASE-T is the interconnect which makes this possible. Aquantia delivered the industry’s first monolithic low power 10GBASE-T solutions, which would enable the expansion of 1OGE within the data center and the enterprise. Copper interconnect has dominated each generation of Ethernet in the past, and Aquantia is committed to making 10GbaseT as ubiquitous tomorrow as copper GE is today.
Aquantia’s IT team is responsible for all our infrastructure and employee technology. We are looking for a strong contributor with recognized system administration experience. You will be responsible for driving changes to improve all aspects of the IT infrastructure and to provide timely user support. You will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, applications and related procedures adhere to our organizational values through system administration and systems and endpoint management technologies.
- Provide support for the internal user base, respond to all helpdesk/system administration issues.
- Support internal IT staff with daily helpdesk/sysadmin tasks and projects.
- Workstation, server, and network systems functional support
- Clear and complete documentation of task requirements and procedures
- Champion new projects and tasks to completion.
- Working in a heterogeneous and fast-paced environment.
- A self-driven individual, fast learner, and can work within teams and independently
- Strong service-oriented skills including excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to train/share knowledge with users and other IT team members
- Available for 24/7 support when critical issues arise
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting skills of Windows/Linux/Solaris OS platforms: LDAP/ADFS, NIS, NFS, automount
- Storage – HW/SW RAID technologies, NetApp, JBOD, ZFS, LVS, Windows/Linux filesystems
- Application support – MS Office, Office 365, VPN, MFA, Confluence, JIRA, Bugzilla, Exceed
- Networking support and protocol knowledge – Firewalls, switches, Wireless, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, SMTP, SNMP
- Cloud platform management: AWS, MS Azure, Office 365, Dropbox, Google Suite
- Familiar with various databases (Microsoft SOL, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Cluster administration and support – SGE/UGE, LSF
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies such as VirtualBox, VMware/vSphere , KVM, VirtualBox
- Backups administration: NetVault, Veeam
- OS support – Windows, Windows Server, Linux, Solaris, VMware .
- Scripting – bash, csh, perl, python
- Security practices: Firewall, Endpoint security, DLP, EDR, monitoring
- Telecom, VOiP
- Purchasing and vendor management Education & Desired Skills –
- BS in MIS/CS or equivalent studies/experience
- 5+ years in a systems admin/senior admin role
- CCNA/MCSE certification preferred
- Experience working with EDA tools and semiconductor company is a huge plus
- Automation tools such as kickstart, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack
- Monitoring tools such as ganglia, Nagios, Splunk, Sumo Logic
- IT Security
- Cloud experience with AWS and MS Azure
- ERP, CRM support experience
- Source control tools – Perforce, SVN, Git