Senior Principal DSP Firmware Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA or Toronto, Ontario
To apply for this position, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You need a solid background in digital communication and signal processing to join DSP firmware team for our wired communication products. You will be responsible for digital signal processing algorithms and architecture design and implementing / maintaining DSP firmware for IEEE Multi-Gigabit Ethernet PHYs and other embedded products. Some of your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- DSP algorithm design, architecture and simulations.
- Design and implement quality portable embedded Ethernet PHY firmware.
- Work with the Digital Design (silicon) team to define hardware-vs-software interfaces and partitioning for future products.
- Work with the Digital Verification team to develop and verify software in pre-silicon (simulation) environment.
- Interact with customers in a debug/support role.
- Participate in silicon bring-ups.
- Mentor other FW Engineers
- Proficient in C/C++ and Matlab programming.
- Understanding of Signal Processing fundamentals and prior experience / knowledge in filter design, echo cancellers, AGC, equalization and fixed point DSP algorithm implementation.
- Experience and understanding of Software Development methodologies and good practices (Design-for-Test, design and code reviews, Agile-based development, continuous integration, testing and test automation).
- Experience with firmware development for DSP PHY.
- Familiar with modern communication systems, including digital communications, source and channel coding, detection, equalization, timing and carrier recovery, and common forms of feedforward estimation.
- Familiar with scripting languages (e.g. Python) with a willingness to become proficient if hired.
- Familiarity with Ethernet standards (10GBase-T 10GBase-X NBase-T) is a plus.
- Experience with Analog firmware development is desirable.
Education and Experience:
- MS preferred or BS in Electrical Engineering (MSEE), Computer Science (MSCS), or Equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years applicable experience.