To apply for this position email email@example.com
Job #: 18-001
- Functions as the primary technical support point of contact for Tier-1 and Strategic accounts in the assigned region
- Provide technical support to local distributor/sales rep teams
- Drive and manage the technical aspect of customer design process from device evaluation to production.
- Generate training materials and present at training sessions to customers.
- Write application notes, white papers, and other technical documents.
- Review customer schematic and layout.
- Hands-on bring-up and debug of customer boards to diagnose, troubleshoot, and recommend workaround.
- Support firmware and systems engineering team in the collective effort of device and system level testing as requested by customers.
- Understand customer’s target markets, analyze and prioritize customer design requirement, and provide feedback to the engineering team.
- May require travel outside of the local area
- Minimum BSEE/CS degree or equivalent
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to develop positive relationship with customers at the engineering level.
- 7+ years of experience as design/system/applications engineer with minimum 4 years of direct customer facing role supporting Tier-1 networking equipment companies.
- Extensive experience in working with Ethernet PHY and Controller products.
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Operating lab test equipment: oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer, and traffic generators.
- Test and debug of device drivers for major operating systems: Linux, Mac, Windows, FreeBSD.
- Familiarity with tools such as iperf, Chariot, and IOmeter to perform network performance testing and optimization.
- Demonstrate strong IC and system level debugging skills.
- Ability to write scripts for test automation.