Senior Firmware Engineer
To apply for this job, email email@example.com
Senior Firmware Engineer position to work as a member of the Embedded PHY Software team responsible for designing, implementing, delivering and maintaining embedded software for IEEE Multi-Gigabit Ethernet PHYs and other embedded products.
– Architect, Design and implement quality portable embedded Ethernet PHY firmware, and accompanying unit and functional automated tests, as per requirements specification
– Work with the Digital Design (silicon) team to define hardware-vs-software interfaces and partitioning for future products
– Work with the Digital Verification team to develop and verify software in pre-silicon (simulation) environment
– Work closely with the QA team to review test plans and regression results.
– Maintain tools, utilities, regression and other infrastructure owned by the Software team
– Work closely with FAE’s and customers to support and debug customer reported issues
– Participate in silicon bring-ups
– Take ownership of, and provide estimates for work items and maintain module documentation
– Communicate and coordinate across geographies in different time-zones
– Mentor junior member of the team.
Skills and Qualifications:
– Experience and understanding of Software Development methodologies and good practices (Design-for-Test, design and code reviews, Agile-based development, continuous integration, testing and test automation)
– Minimum of 5 years of C/C++ in embedded, real-time software environment (SoC). 10 years of experience is a plus.
– Experience with SCM (Source Control Management), preferably Perforce or GIT.
– Object-Oriented Python, with Tk/Tkinter or QT is desirable
– Debugging of embedded software, as well as Linux/Windows and MAC OS applications
– Developing in both Windows and Linux environment (BASH/tcsh, Cygwin, GNU make, Eclipse, etc.)
– Familiarity with and interpretation of communications standards (Ethernet, Wifi, etc.) and other standards (e.g. RFC, ISO, Serdes etc.)
– Experience with Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) is desirable.
– General understanding of signal processing (acquisition, generation, filters, etc.)
– Familiarity with ISO compliance and MISRA standards is desirable
Job Type: Full-time