EDA CAD Engineer
Location: Toronto, Ontario
To apply for this position go to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Develop and maintain CADautomation software to support the development of ASIC
- Applies software engineering techniques in the investigation and analysis of technical, efficiency and performance problems.
- Responsible for automation and security of primary design database, automated build environment, compute grid infrastructure, and other such infrastructure.
- Develops and maintains programs and scripts for automation of digital design and verification flows including areas such as LINT and CDC analysis, unified CSR flow, and regression scripts
- Identify and research areas where additional engineering efficiencies could be achieved through adoption of 3rd-party tools or development of internal solutions
- Good understanding of Linux and common scripting languages (BASH, CSH, Python, Perl, Tcl)
- Good understanding of software design techniques, revision control, and build automation
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Desirable to have experience with some of the following:
- High Performance Computing: LSF, UGE, SGE, RTDA, or OpenLava
- Databases: Perforce or MySQL
- Cloud platforms (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure)
- Verilog Simulator: Cadence Incisive, Synopsys VCS, or Mentor Questa
Education and Experience:
- MS or BS in Electrical Engineering (BSEE/MSEE), Computer Science (BSCS/MSCS), or Equivalent.
- 3 years applicable experience