Location: San Jose, CA
To apply for this position go to: email@example.com
Responsible for system-level fixed-function DSP data path architecture, design and implementation of next-generation Ethernet PHY IC products. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing system specifications based on product specifications.
- Developing and optimizing digital communication system models including impairments.
- Developing and optimizing error correction coding systems employing codes such as Reed-Solomon and convolutional codes.
In addition, it is expected that this person will represent Aquantia on Standards development committees where new digital communication standards are developed.
- Solid digital communication theory background
- Experience developing DSP-based communication systems
- Familiarity with digital communication systems channel modeling
- Good documentation skills
- Experience in developing system models
- Respect for process and methodology
- Proficiency in MATLAB
- Detailed understanding of Ethernet is strongly desired
- Understanding of coding theory (LDPC, Reed-Solomon, BCH) and its application
- Experience in mixed-signal design environments where analog design requirements are codeveloped with digital/DSP system-level design
- Past experience participating in standards development committees
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) or Equivalent with 12 year’s experience, or PhD EE degree with 10 year’s experience.